by Kari Dunn Saratovsky on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 1:28am
Like many, I waited patiently for my coveted Google Wave Invite and when it finally came (thank you Eric Johnson), I continued to wait. This time for someone, anyone, to help me understand what / how / who I was supposed to be "waving."
I think I may have just had that "aha" moment. The one when the mystery surrounding Google Wave finally came together and made sense for me. If you're still trying to get there, the video above is a fun 2009 year in review compiled using the functionality of Google Wave. But if it leaves you wondering what the practical uses of Wave might be for you and your organization, we've compiled a list of some great resources here.
- Idealist: Google Wave in the Nonprofit World
- Charity Geek: What is Google Wave and Why Should Nonprofits Care?
- Nonprofit Tech 2.0: Nonprofits on Google Wave
- IdealWare: Five Getting Started Uses for Google Wave
- Mashable: Four Surprising Google Wave Uses
Have your friends or colleagues come up with any creative uses for Wave? Do you think we'll be seeing more uses in the new year, or now that more than a million invites have gone out, will we just move on to whatever's next?