Photo Courtesy of Case Foundation.
At the Case Foundation we believe strongly in taking risks, pushing the envelope and experimenting with technology in order to better understand how it can be leveraged for social good. Yesterday was an experiment in all of these things as we opened the “virtual” doors to the Millennial Donor Summit.
Conducted exclusively online, the conference set out to engage some of the most forward thinking voices in Millennial giving and engagement. We will be sharing a lot of take-aways from our event, both in terms of sharing the rich content and discussions that came out of the sessions, as well as the logistical back end work involved with conducting an online convening.
Our thanks go out to all who made the day a success -- our speakers, our participants from across the country who tuned in from coffee shops, conference rooms and hotel lobbies, and of course, to our partners at Achieve and JGA.
Here’s a quick round up of some of the stories and posts from around the web that covered the event and discussion topics. And the conversation continues on Twitter using the hashtag #MDS11.
- How To Get Fire in Your Organization’s Belly: Key Insight from the Millennial Donor Summit (Beth’s Blog)
- 7 things I learned about Millennial Engagement from Mr. Youth (Katya’s Nonprofit Marketing Blog)
- Live blogging from the 2011 Millennial Donor Summit: Exploring the Latest Millennial Research (Amy Sample Ward's Version of NPTech Blog)
- A fireside chat with Jean Case at #MDS11 (Nonprofit Nate)
- Microvolunteering: Small Jobs on Your Own Time #mds11 (Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog)
- Live blogging from the 2011 Millennial Donor Summit: The Generational Divide (Panel Discussion) (NTEN)
- Philanthropy’s Community: Observers, Fans, Evangelists & Ambassadors (Tactical Philanthropy)
- Applying Social Storytelling to Strategic Online Fundraising (Geoff Livingston)
If you missed out on the Summit, don’t worry – you can still catch all the action by registering for post-Summit access to all of the videos on www.mdsummit11.com.